So January was a good month for us! Normal was so relaxing for all of us.
Here’s a look at my goals for the year and how I’m doing on them:
* Pray for my children and my husband at least once a day. – Oh my, do I still have work to do on this one.
* Get on a Scripture Memory Plan. – I’ve memorized one verse a week so far using Ann Voskamp’s #JesusProject here
* Read 35 books. – I’ve read 4 books so far this year.
* Train for and run a 5K with my aunt. – I’m currently dealing with some medical issues from chronic stress and fatigue (surprised anyone?) so no training yet. But hopefully after a few more weeks of rest, I can jump right back into this one.
* Pay off our last remaining debts – two student loans – and become debt free!!!! (!!!!!!!) >except for our mortgage< – We paid off one student loan this month – one left to go!
* Have a date night once a month with Chris. Check yes for January!
* Have a “date day” with one of my girls once a month. I had a date night with one of my girls this month.
* Finish the Chronicles of Narnia Series with the girls. We finished Prince Caspian this month.
* Eat breakfast and lunch with my girls. (I have a habit of doing some housecleaning or other jobs during their mealtimes – while they were toddlers and preschoolers, it was a great time to do something nearby while they were happily occupied. Now, they’re past that stage, and I don’t want to waste that time.) – This has gone pretty well this month. Definitely not every meal, but a huge improvement for sure. I’m so thankful for this extra stress free time.
* Start school by 9 AM every morning. – This has definitely gone much better this month.
* Read aloud to the girls 30 minutes each day before dinner. – This has not happened each day, but we’re definitely moving along better with this as well.
* Write 100 blog posts this year. – I’ve written 6 blog posts so far this year.
* Read 5 books/e-books about writing and publishing books and ebooks. – I’ve read one of these books this year.
* Write 25 new recipe blog posts. I’ve written 1 recipe blog post this year.
So there we have it. Anyone else out there taking some time to write out your goals? I had to. I just have to keep my head in a game of sorts – or it dwells in dark places these days. Perhaps this will help propel me onward to bigger and brighter things in the new year.
Let me know what your goals are! I’m happy to cheer you on – I’ll update once a month here and we can see how things are coming along for all of us!