So February was a(nother) good month for us!
Here’s a look at my goals for the year and how I’m doing on them:
* Pray for my children and my husband at least once a day. – Oh my, do I still have work to do on this one.
* Get on a Scripture Memory Plan. – I’ve memorized 6 verses so far using Ann Voskamp’s #JesusProject here – a tad behind, but still 6 more than I knew two months ago!
* Read 35 books. – I’ve read 7 books so far this year.
* Train for and run a 5K with my aunt. – This is my month. I’m so excited to be feeling better. I did some light exercise this weekend with my family and felt great – so I’m ready to hit the ground. Not really hit it, but…well, you know.
* Pay off our last remaining debts – two student loans – and become debt free!!!! (!!!!!!!) >except for our mortgage< – While we’re applying our debt snowball to our last loan still, we’ve put amy extra repayment on hold for a tad to save for a super special family trip…more on that later!
* Have a date night once a month with Chris. Check double yes for February, thanks to a lovely grandmother.
* Have a “date day” with one of my girls once a month. We tried a date day, but the girls were determined to be together and do the same things. So it turned into a family date day. We were all OK with that.
* Finish the Chronicles of Narnia Series with the girls. We’re making our way through the Voyage of the Dawn Treader now. I think it’s all of our favorites!
* Eat breakfast and lunch with my girls.
* Start school by 9 AM every morning. – This has definitely gone much better this month.
* Read aloud to the girls 30 minutes each day before dinner. – This has not happened each day, but we’re definitely moving along better with this as well.
* Write 100 blog posts this year. – I’ve written 9 blog posts so far this year.
* Read 5 books/e-books about writing and publishing books and ebooks. – I’ve read two of these books this year.
* Write 25 new recipe blog posts. I’ve written 1 recipe blog post this year.
* Utilize my Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter account daily. Perhaps “daily” was a bit much to take on. But, I’m definitely more involved than I used to be, and seeing the results encourages me to keep diving in.
So there we have it. How are you doing on your 2014 goals? It’s not too late to jump in! Even if you don’t reach them all – you’ll be way ahead at the end of the year than where you are now. That’s what I’m going for.
A book that has really inspired me this year Crystal Paine’s new (Bestseller!!!)
Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. It may be something you like as well.
Let me know what your goals are! I’m happy to cheer you on – I’ll update once a month here and we can see how things are coming along for all of us!